Alia Therapeutics is looking for a (Senior) Research Scientist to join its R&D team hosted at CIBIO, the biotech department of the University of Trento. CIBIO is a dynamic research environment with state-of-the-art core facilities and laboratory equipment, ranked among the top university departments in Italy for research output in biomedical sciences.
Alia Therapeutics is a growing startup dedicated to leading edge research for the discovery of novel CRISPR tools for applications in biotechnology and gene & cell therapies. We are developing disruptive strategies for gene editing using CRISPR-based approaches with the aim of creating innovative genetic drugs for the treatment of disorders that are currently incurable. Alia current investors include Sofinnova Partners, one of the main European biotech-specialized venture capital funds, and BiovelocITA, the first Italian accelerator specialized in biotech, together with a group of other Italian investors.
Alia is working to develop novel CRISPR-based editing approaches to efficiently and safely generate gene-modified immune cells (mainly T-cells). The selected candidate will join our Research Team to successfully contribute to the identification, validation and engineering of novel CRISPR tools and lead their application to ex-vivo gene editing for the design of cell therapies related to immuno- oncology (I/O).
What we look for:
- PhD in biological sciences, with 2-3 years postdoctoral experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Experience in the I/O field, with a particular focus on T-cell biology, T-cell engineering and CAR-T development. Hands-on experience with T cells isolation and culture, transfection, functional assays and multi-color flow cytometry is a must.
- Knowledge on gene editing and the CRISPR-Cas system is a plus.
- Positive attitude, ability to work in teams, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong ability in managing scientific programs in terms of innovative thinking, high levels of accuracy in data recording and analysis, problem solving skills.
What we offer:
- Being part of a growing company at the leading edge of gene editing research, where your ideas can make a real difference, with the potential to grow in the position with the company development.
- Interesting salary.
- Possible fiscal benefits (“Rientro dei Cervelli” tax exemption scheme).
- Unique setting among the Italian Dolomites (UNESCO World Heritage) in one of the highest- ranking cities in Italy for quality of life.
To apply for the position please send your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com.